11th – 15th October is Back Care Awareness Week 2010
Calcium, abundant in our local water is thought of as the main nutrient for bones. Absorption requires Vitamin D, which requires vitamin A for its absorption (last month’s tips). Osteoporosis could be thought of as bone de-mineralisation, making all minerals, particularly magnesium, important for bone health.
Repaired by protein and fuelled by fruit, vegetables, legumes and grains. We have 2 main types of muscle fibres, often mixed together
- Slow twitch
Aerobic, slow moving, endurance, running, red muscle fibres
Sodium, essential fatty acids, iron
- Fast twitch
Anaerobic, fast moving, short lasting, sprinting, white muscle fibres
Potassium, glucose, vitamin B5
Soft tissue joining everything together; includes ligaments and discs.
Zinc, iron, vitamins A, C, B6, copper, proline, lysine, glycine.
Drinking water is important to keep the inter-vertebral discs hydrated and is considered one of the most important things you take for back health. Many disc problems are collagen related.
Stress produces chemicals that can make our
- tissues acidic – leading to degenerative disease
- ligaments loose – leaving joints vulnerable and unsupported
- muscles tense – affecting lower back, neck, shoulders and jaw
- nervous systems overactive – making us jumpy
- slow twitch muscles unbalanced – affecting postural support and our ability to stand up comfortably
- fast twitch muscles unbalanced – affecting our ability to keep going
Eating a rainbow diet, rich in fruit, vegetables and minerals is essential to good health and vitality.
- Vitamin B – whole grains, green vegetables, meat, milk
- Vitamin C – fruit and vegetables
- Copper – liver, oysters, legumes, whole grains
- Iron – meat, leafy green vegetables, whole grains, black strap molasses
- Magnesium – nuts, bananas, whole grains, meats and leafy green vegetables
- Potassium – dried fruits, whole grains, raw vegetables, bananas
- Zinc – oysters, pumpkin seeds, vegetables grown in zinc rich soil
We are happy to advise you on your health matters. To learn about the full range of services offered by Aether Bios Clinic take a look at our website.
Lin Bridgeford DO KFRP MSCC ICAK (UK) MSc
Tel: 01273 309557
Mobile: 07710 227038